Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Tree of Life and Death

The Oakland Museum of California is one of my favorite places in Oakland. I went there for the first time about one year ago and not surprisingly, I still love the same pieces as I did then. I went last night to the food-truck Friday Night party at the OMCA - the best part of which is exploring the near-empty, nearly-childless galleries at night. On display now is the Dia de los Muertos 2013 exhibit, which you should go see immediately. 


Other things in the works:


This huge pile of cranes which might be mobiles or might continue to orgy together in a basket under my desk. Unknown! Want a crane? I will mail you one. 


Hot peppers in the garden. I used one in an entire meal, without seeds, and my mouth burned for almost 30 minutes. I will not mail you one of these. They are candy to my little bird-friend, though, she is a strong and strange creature.



Happiness Hotel bathroom shelf shrine. No further comment necessary. 

No comments: