Sunday, August 10, 2014

British Natural History Museum

To be honest, I thought the Natural History Museum in London was a bit dusty and boring. Nothing compared to our brand new and super interactive Oakland Museum of California's natural science exhibit. So I left the back door a little disappointed and stumbled on the best part of the museum, it's outdoor ecosystem garden! The garden features different ecosystems in England and had beautiful benches and rocks to sit on throughout. There is also a plaque in front of a mysterious mound of rock explaining that there lies ancient dinosaur footprints, right there, in that very spot. So cool! 

Here are just a few of my photos. See more and more of my entire trip to Europe on my flickr, here.




View of the museum in the background. 



I wish I had seen a wild fox while in London too. Apparently they live throughout the city, which seems likely since there are so many parks. 

No comments: