Thursday, May 5, 2011

Papa San

I love the way my quilt looks like a crucifix when I tie it up during the daytime. It is so bright and cheery in my bedroom that I do not need to turn the light switch on until past 8 o'clock. Rosie sits by a giant window watching the sun pass through the day while I am out and about being the bread-winning in this family of two. To the left of the window hangs a wooden-framed colored-pencil collage made by Katie with homage to my former residence. It was received graciously. The second notable thing that has happened to me was my discovery of this Papasan chair on my street, smelled clean, no damage, score! Now my pillow patch has a new home atop the bamboo lounger and I rearranged my room in the wee hours of the morning. I always wanted a Papasan.
Saturday is the Beltaine Fest in downtown Berkeley. Have you set your love course to cruise yet this year?



Leaving work today I strode into the corner market across the street from the building and picked through their "seconds" bags: two pounds of zucchini one pound of green beans, one pound of peaches, a few apples, and half a pound of mung sprouts....$4. Yes, I do love Spring. So, for dinner I whipped up some spinach spaghetti and topped it with this bake:

In medium depth pan, layer:

1/2 C jarred pasta sauce
drizzle olive oil
5 small zucchini, thin sliced
half an onion, julianned
a little green pepper
2 tsp rosemary, chopped
2 farmer's market tomatoes (sooo juicy)
cubed hard goat cheese (non melting)

I layered the zucc first, then onion and tomato, then rosemary and cheese: repeat for second layer.

top with flax seeds, salt, thyme, pepper

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I'm going to save this, looks sooo good!

BuzzKillKatie said...

Let me know how it turns out for you!