Saturday, October 8, 2011

Radish Rug

My favorite snack lately is roasted radishes. I toss them with oil, a pinch of salt, and black pepper, then bake them for about 20 minutes at 300°F. (The greens are my favorite part).

I am making a rag rug with no pattern and with complete disregard for technique, let's see how this turns out.


After a dreamy week and weekend, I've got butterflies fluttering out my eyelids and have been puttering out for a daily nap, and especially looking forward to the rainy season coming up because now I have an excuse to start my annual knitting frenzy. Watch out for fiberous gifts coming your way, friends. Just started working on a multi-colored neck warmer, and need to restock my yarn stash - I only moved with four skeins from Florida, two of which are half used and smell unsurprisingly like plywood and oak splinters. Today I took a field trip to Lake Anza and dove off a cliff into the crisp water below, swam like a dog, lifted myself onto a rock like a turtle, and dried my hairy legs in the sun like a lizard.

I've been thinking about making an account on etsy for a while now to sell postcards and knit things and have (which you can find here) but I haven't added any goods to it yet. Because I haven't made them yet. Motivation, kick in soon.

No comments: